|½ bag||Restaurant Style Garlic and Rosemary Wedges (1.8kg)|
|½ cup||olive oil|
|1 tsp||onion powder|
|2 cup||sour cream|
|½ cup||red or yellow bell pepper, minced|
|½ cup||fresh chives (or green onion), finely chopped|
|½ cup||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||garlic, minced|
|½ tsp||cayenne pepper|
|¼ cup||bacon bits, optional|
Note: Any remaining chives or minced pepper can be used as a garnish on the wedges if desired.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add sour cream, bell pepper, chives, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and garlic.
- If desired, add bacon bits as well (or save as a garnish).
- Mix well with a spatula or whisk.
- Dip can be made in advance and held in the refrigerator until needed.
- Serve when needed.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place Garlic and Rosemary Wedges in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Place potato wedges in a single layer on the cutting board. Using a fork (or spatula, or back side of a spoon) “smash”, “push down” or “squish” each potato wedge until it “breaks” or “pops”.
- Combine onion powder, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the “smashed” wedges with the seasoning.
- Place frying pan on stovetop over medium-high heat. Add half of the oil and half of the potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then turn-over. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Repeat with second half of the potatoes.
- Remove and serve with dip.