|1 bag||Oven Crisp Shoestring Fries (900g)|
|8 slices||Thick Sandwich Bread, white or wheat|
|12 slices||Bacon, prepared, optional|
|8 slices||Cheddar Cheese, or any other preferred cheese|
Note: one-third of the fries will be used as an ingredient in the grilled cheese sandwiches and the remaining two-thirds of the fries will be divided and served as the side for lunch.
Tip: add your favorite ingredient or sauce to the inside of the sandwich
to make it more of a “loaded” experience!
- Heat oven to 450°F. Place Oven Crisp Shoestring Fries single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and put into the oven and cook for 8 minutes.
- Turn and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Remove one-third of the fries and reduce oven temperature to 175˚F and hold fries until ready to serve.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan or skillet on the stove top and heat over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of Thick sandwich bread.
- Place butter side down and top each slice of bread with a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Each sandwich gets 3 slices of bacon (if wanted) and one-quarter of the removed fries.
- Close sandwiches and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Cut sandwiches in half and place on a plate.
- Serve with remaining fries and ketchup (or other desired dipping sauce).
Note: place bacon as flat as possible and place shoestring fries in a single layer.