|7 cups||Cavendish Farms Steakhouse Cut |
|4||Boneless chicken breast |
|8 slices||Prosciutto |
|½ lb||Fontina cheese, cut into 4 equal strips (about 4” in length) |
|2 tsp||Thyme, leaves only, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped |
|¼ cup||Butter |
|2 tbsp||Olive oil |
|1 cup||Chicken stock |
|2 cups||35% Cream|
|½ tsp||Salt |
|½ tsp||Pepper |
|2 tsp||Garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||Fresh lemon juice|
|Note: 1 cup of country cut potatoes will be used in the filling for the roulade and will need to be |
cooked first, the remaining potatoes will be cooked and served as the side
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread 1 cup Cavendish Farms Steakhouse Cut Potatoes in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Place in oven and cook for 12 minutes. Turn and cook for another 8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Place each chicken breast individually on the cutting board and tenderize with the hammer until the chicken is flattened.
Note: chicken needs to be flattened so that it can be easily handled and rolled around the ingredients to make the roulade. Do not tenderize or use enough force so that the protein breaks or has holes.
- Repeat until all four boneless chicken breasts are completed.
- Place one of the “flattened” chicken breasts smooth-side down on the cutting board. In the centre place 2-3 Steakhouse Cut potato strips, two slices of prosciutto, one of the Fontina strips and one-half of a teaspoon of thyme.
- Roll the chicken closed so that the ends overlap each other and seal in the ingredients.
Note: think of this procedure similar to that of making a taco, wrap or burrito.
- Repeat for the remaining chicken breasts.
- Place the butter and oil in a large non-stick skillet or frying pan on the stove top over medium heat and cook for 30 seconds.
- Place the four rolled chicken breasts into the frying pan, season with salt & pepper and cook for 8 minutes cooking each side (quarter turns) every 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove cooked chicken from the pan and place into a casserole dish or roasting pan.
Note: keep pan on stove top as it will be used to make the cream sauce.
- Place the remaining Cavendish Farms Steakhouse Cut Potatoes in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Place in oven and cook for 12 minutes. Turn and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Place the pan with the chicken into the oven at the time the potatoes are turned and the timer is reset for 8 minutes. (the potatoes and chicken will be finished at the same time).
- Turn the heat on the stove top to medium-high heat and add the chicken stock and cream.
- Cook the mixture until it boils and reduces by at least half.
- Add in the rosemary and lemon, mix and allow to cook for 30 seconds.
- Place country cut potatoes to one side of a plate, place chicken roulade next to it and top with cream sauce.
- Garnish with any remaining herbs or with chopped fresh parsley (if wanted).